October 23rd Results
Updated: Oct 25
Will work on getting some interviews out in the next day or two.
Larry, Llewellyn, Lyons, Matchock, Pompeii S, Stamler, Stitt, Snyder (G)
Amick, Clontz, Galentine, Rossi, Roush, Waddell, Dodd (G)
Cody (Reiter will play as much as he can when Cody can’t play), Conforto, Gaydosh, Kline J, Miller, A. Schuckers, Matchock (G)
Chesley M, Dodd E, Kalgren, Kline N, Reed, Smith Z, Mckinley (G)
Anderson, Anderson, Haag, Peach, Schuckers Cory, Terwilliger, Lingenfelter (G)
Bembenic, Calvert, Dodd L, Hetrick, Sawey, Waltman, Sutter (G)
Monday, October 2nd Results
Red 10 Green 9 Overtime (Missing --- Bembenic, Sawey, Sutter)
Black 10 Gray 7 (Missing --- Clontz, Galentine, Rossi, Llewellyn, Matchock)
Orange 6 White 2 (Missing --- Kalgren, Cory Schuckers)
Monday, October 9th Results
White 8 Black 7 (Missing Cory Schuckers, Tony Dodd, Josh Clontz)
Green 9 Orange 7 (Missing Steve Kalgren)
Red 13 Gray 2 (Missing Llewellyn, Chris Snyder)
Monday, October 16th Results
Red 4 Orange 3 (Missing Bembenic, Sawey)
White 7 Gray 6 OT (Denny played for Cory, Pompeii, Lyons)
Green 9 Black 4 (Reiter played for Cody)
Monday, October 23rd Results
Red 6 Black 5 (OT)
Green 7 White 4 (Amick played for Cory)
Orange 10 Gray 8 (Larry, Pompeii and Stamler were missing for Gray. Amick and Miller filled in)
Standings After October 23rd Games
1. Red 8 (33/19)
2. Green 7 (34/25)
3. Orange 4 (26/23)
4. White 4 (21/26)
5. Black 3 (26/30)
6. Gray 1 (23/40)
Red 6 Black 5 (Only saw the last 5 minutes of this game)
Team Red improved to 4-0 on the season with a 6-5 overtime win over Team Black. Jerred Amick played his first of 3 games last night and scored the game tying goal in the 3rd period. No one else would score in regulation leading up to our 3rd overtime game in 4 weeks. Both goalies (Sutter and Dodd) made some good saves throughout the game but Trent Bembenic was finally able to sneak one past Tony Dodd in overtime to give Team Red their 4th straight win to open the season. It was their 2nd overtime win of the season. They beat Team Green 10-9 the first week of the season. It was the 2nd, one goal loss of the season for Team Black. Side note: Laken Dodd was not able to score on Tony, meaning that she owed him a free candy bar.
Green 7 White 4
Team Green picked up its 3rd straight win with a 7-4 win over team White on Monday. Cory Schuckers was not able to make it for Team White. Jerred Amick filled in and scored a first period goal on a nice pass from Bob Anderson to give White a 2-1 lead. Team White went ahead 1-0 early in the game when Bob Anderson broke away from Green defenders and beat Derrian Matchock to put White up 1-0. Brandon Reiter played in place of Cody Schuckers again and was relatively quiet from scoring goals, but he made his presence felt with numerous shots and some good passes. Anthony Schuckers batted in one of his shots in the first period to tie the game at 1. Troy Gaydosh scored a power play goal in the 2nd period to put Green ahead 3-2. Brice Miller scored on a nice set up from Brandon Reiter late in the 2nd period to put Green up 5-3. Bob Anderson had gotten white to within a goal at 4-3 before the Reiter setup to Miller. Team Green pulled away with 2 goals in the 3rd period. Jake Kline scored the 7th goal on a faceoff win to give Green a 4 goal lead. Jerred Amick made a nice pass to Bob Anderson in the 3rd period to help get white to within 3 goals but they would get no closer. Team Green sits in 2nd place with 7 points. Cody Schuckers will be back for Team Green next week. Denny Stinchcomb has agreed to play for Team White the rest of the season (to replace Cory) but will not be available next week. Jake Kline has agreed to fill in for White next week.
Orange 10 Gray 8
Team Orange got off to a quick 2-0 lead last night but Team Gray somehow found themselves up 6-3 by the middle of the 2nd period. Zach Smith scored less than a minute into the game to put his team up 1-0. Team Gray was playing without Jason Stamler, Steve Pompeii and Larry K. Brice Miller and Jerred Amick filled in. Steve Kalgren arrived in his style when the first period had gotten underway. He later contributed a goal to put his team up 8-6 going into the 3rd period. Jerred Amick was playing in his 3rd straight game but made some offensive contributions to keep gray to within striking distance. Eric Llewellyn and Brice Miller also got in on the goal scoring. Brice Miller scored twice in the first period and Eric Llewellyn had a string of goals but the 6-3 lead for gray turned into an 8-6 deficit by the time the 2nd period ended. Team Orange got contributions from Erika Dodd, Mark Chesley and Steve Kalgren in that 2nd period stretch. They were up 10-7 in the 3rd before Gray pulled to within 2 at 10-8. They almost got closer but Adam McKinley made a big save to preserve the 2 goal lead. The win snapped a 2 game losing streak for Orange. Team Gray is still looking for its first win of the season. They have yet to play with their full lineup.
Jerred Amick (Black)
1. 3 games of hockey last night. How long did it take you to get out of bed this morning ? And how’s your body feel today? It feels like I played three hockey games. My back is what seems to be hurting the most, I feel sore but good if I only play one game but more games start to take time to recover. And the losses def hurt more, which all 3 games that I played, lost.
2. How would you describe your role in each of the games you played in last night? I enjoy playing as a sub more than for my own team. Usually filling in for someone the expectations are not as high. Being on my normal team, it’s expected that I have to play well.
3. Your regular team pushed team red to overtime. Did you consider it a moral victory or a disappointing loss? Anything that isn’t a victory at this point is a loss. We’ve been in each game, they’ve all been close and felt within reach but we haven’t been able to grab the W. Last week was close too.
4. Out of the teams you have played for and against in this league, who do you think the front runner is right now? Orange seems stacked and relentless with their depth. Once you get through all their speed and grit, you still have to beat Adam. 5. My own level of play feels great as well as my conditioning and im 100% ready for the thunderbirds season that kicks off here soon in grove city next month. But having said that I’m really frustrated with all the teams/leagues I’ve been playing on for the past few months as I have personally only won 8 hockey games since May.
5. You have been playing hockey for a long time now. How are you feeling about your overall play as these years and seasons continue to pass by? My own level of play feels great as well as my conditioning and im 100% ready for the thunderbirds season that kicks off here soon in grove city next month. But having said that I’m really frustrated with all the teams/leagues I’ve been playing on for the past few months as I have personally only won 8 hockey games since May. 5 wins in srhl, two wins in fall brockway, one win in fall reynoldsville. It’s hard to keep showing up to lose every night.
Adam McKinley (Orange)
1. 10 to 8 win last night. What can you say about the overall team effort ? We started off slow, but as the game went on, the team figured things out and we were able to put a good win together.
2. You made a big save at the end. How were you able to react so quick to that? It was just instinct I guess. I saw the shot out of the corner of my eye and threw my glove hand towards it.
3. You guys had a big 2nd period stretch. What do you think you guys did better as the game went on? Our positioning got better as the game went on. We used the screens well to get good shots towards the net.
4. We all know what Zach can do. How do you think the others are fitting in? We have a good group. With Zach, you always have an offensive threat. Noah gets better and better every game and he has a lot of control. Having a couple young derby kids is always a plus, Stevo does Stevo and you round it out with us couple of "old" guys. It makes for a pretty well balanced team.
5. The goalie on the other team is one of the newer ones playing now. What words of encouragement can you give him going forward? Work on the little things. Don't try to fix all your weaknesses at once. Pick a couple things and work on making them better. Once you have, move on to the next thing.
Steve Hetrick (Red)
1. 6 to 5 overtime win last night. What can you say about the overall team effort? Both teams definitely played really well. We started off strong at the beginning and held the lead for a bit. Team black definitely took our speed out of the equation and their passes were hitting tape to tape all night. We were fortunate enough to have Trent in the game this week to close out the game with the overtime goal
2. You are getting plenty of playing time on this team. How are you feeling physically with all the action you have had on this team? Plenty of playing time is definitely an understatement. With our Ironman team last week we were all very gassed at the end. I feel that I am doing well and contributing some really good defensive plays for the team. I might not be the fastest, but that's where the young talent comes in.
3. What’s it like playing alongside all the young talent on this team? I have played with pretty much everyone on this team at least once before. But I normally play against them. Trent and Waltman are usually teamed up together on Mayhem and work well together and Andy, well Andy is just Andy. Always a force to be reckoned with. Jeremy is an up and coming player as well and I feel at times he runs faster on his skates than actually skating on them. Henry is phenomenal between the pipes and I feel I play harder for him when I'm on his team. And Bobo is becoming a huge asset and should not be overlooked whatsoever. Play maker and a great shooter as well.
4. What was your impression of team black and the play of Tony Dodd? Team black said that they played their best game of the season last night and it definitely showed. Some seemed deflated before the game even started, but once they got in rhythm they never looked back. Tony made some huge saves for their team when it mattered most. He is getting better and better every time he goes out their. He told me after the game his goal was to keep it 5 or below. End of regulation he definitely accomplished this goal. He even got a free candy bar from Laken because he stopped her every chance she had and took her out of the equation.
5. You were a part of the brockway draft league championship team. What do you think made the difference in the championship game win over yellow? Well I'm still feeling the effects of the game as I'm sitting here typing this. We went back and forth for a bit and then finally were able to find a groove and get some cushion between team Yellow. Was told by a person in the stands that we were giving them anxiety because the game was going back and forth and they wanted us to win. Our team played really well all season and Denny even made the comment at the beginning of the season that if we all did our job we will win this league. Sure enough it payed out in the end. Brice Miller (Green)
1. 7 to 4 win over team white last night. What can you say about the overall team effort? I think we had some good chemistry last night getting used to having Reiter.
2. You contributed a big 2nd period goal on a pass from Brandon. What’s it like having him and Cody leading the way for this team? Its great having them on the back end, and Jake also. It lets me be a little more free playing up and they are great offensively.
3. The team appears to have a good mix of role players too. How do you think you have all done trying to find your roles on the team? We’re getting there and building each week. Our ball movement really came together last night. I felt more myself last night being able to contribute.
4. How do you think Derrian did in goal last night? Derrian was solid, especially on shots tight around the net.
5. You also played at 815 (for gray). What do you think went wrong in that stretch where they turned a 3 goal deficit into a 2 goal lead at the end of the 2nd period? I think it started on a bad change and we didnt recover with who was going up or back. We let the game slip away in about a minute.