Zach Foradori (Green)
1. 3 to 1 loss tonight. What can you say about the overall team effort? We played very good defensively. Had a few bounces that didn’t go our way. All around good effort
2. What do you think was the difference between winning and losing? Luzier made some huge saves to keep them ahead and I think that got into our heads
3. Defense only gave up 3 goals, but offense only got 1. What do you think went wrong offensively? They smothered us in the offensive zone. Wasn’t much space to do anything and when we got a chance Tyler made the save
4. No Kevin tonight. Do you consider tonights game a moral victory in a way? Yes I do. We played pretty well without him so when he comes back it’ll only help us
5. Randy Carlson Saturday. Got any team expectations? I’m hoping to at least win one game haha. Just glad to be a part of it
Zach Smith (Red) 1. 10 to 3 loss tonight. What can you say about the overall team effort ? Maybe we gave a little effort, but you can be skating as hard as you can for the whole game and still not have a good game with your head and hands
2. The game got away from you guys. What do you think went wrong? confidence is a big part of the game. We don't have much if we get down a few goals.
3. Any positives to take out of these first 3 weeks? Just getting to play hockey is fun in general no matter the outcome. I'm not going to sugar coat it though, not really much positive to take away from the first 3 weeks.
4. Randy Carlson Saturday. Are you looking forward to the event? It's been a few years since I last played in the Randy. I know the competition is fierce and I know that everyone has a blast because of it. I think we have a competitive team that should win a few games
5. You have said you may be around most of the summer. Have any teams contacted you yet? A couple have yes. It's a complicated situation where I cant commit to the full summer league yet. Hopefully I can find out soon and join a team that has a chance to make a deep run in the playoffs.
Joseph Conforto (Grey)
1. 3 to 1 win tonight. What can you say about the overall team effort? Everyone gave all they had out there. Playing Ironman shows what a team has as far as intestinal fortitude and the other team did not make it easy at all.
2. Low scoring game. Do you like playing in those kind of games? I do like the low scoring games as long as I’m on the right side of the score. Both teams try harder when the score is close to get the upper hand.
3. What do you think was the difference between winning and losing tonight? The main thing that set us apart was keeping ourselves spaced out instead of bunching up and chasing the puck. Our goalie kept us in a position to win from the first puck drop and our defense was able to block a lot of shots as well.
4. You like playing with this group of guys so far? I am a fan of the league altogether. I mean yes I like playing with this group of guys and think we have a shot at winning it all, but I gotta say that there isn’t anyone in the league that I wouldn’t enjoy playing with. We have a great bunch of guys and girls in our league and I look forward to Monday nights just to be around everybody
5. You feeling any more confident with your skating? I still have work to do, but I am spending more time working on my stick handling and less time getting up off of the floor so that is a plus lol!