Monday, 10-21 Interviews
AJ Cebulskie (Following Green's loss to Black on Monday, 10-14)
1. Tough loss to team black last night. What can you say about the overall team effort? It was a tough one but I think the team put in their best effort. 2. Any positives to take out of the game? If we just keep putting in our best effort and work we could get somewhere. 3. They were able to pull well ahead of you guys. What do you think went wrong in that stretch? I think in the third period we just lost it and pretty much gave up the game 4. You were able to play in the championship this past summer. Despite the lopsided games, what was it like being able to play in a championship in just your second year in the league? It made me think a lot more different about how games could go. Also being able to be in the championship made me a better player by being faster and smarter 5. Whats it been like playing on this fall league team so far? I like the guys I play with and how they play it’s a good group!
Tyler Luzier (Green)
1. 10-4 loss last night. Any positives to take from the game? I’m positive I won’t wear those leg pads again. We gotta just try to learn from our mistakes, and improve on them next week.
2. Team white jumped out to a quick lead. What kind of game were you expecting from them going in? Pretty much what we got what was I expected. The atm machine slammin money under my leg pads all night.
3. The team got within 3 going into the 3rd period. Did you think there was a realistic chance to come back at that point? Yes and no, we had some momentum goin, but couldn’t hit the net all night.
4. You made several nice saves despite giving up 10 goals. Are there any saves that stand out or any goals they scored that you think you should’ve saved? Chad threw me a change up in the second that i just flat out missed and Smith scored short side in the third, I was very unhappy with myself on that goal. I gave him room, and he used it, like he usually does.
Hide original message
5. Team pink next week. Only one loss so far.
How do you go into a game knowing you are probably a big underdog? I don’t think anyone on this team views us as an underdog, if everyone else does that’s ok. We have a game plan usually, and when we stick to it we are competitive and can hang, it’s when we deviate from the plan that things get a little shaky.
Cody Schuckers (following team White's loss to Orange on Monday, 10-14)
1. Tough shootout loss last night. What can you say about the game overall? Feel like we shoulda came out with a win had our chances throughout but we let it get to a shootout and could get any past Adam 2. How do you generally go about playing the 3 minute overtime frame when its only 3 on 3? I don’t mind it I kinda wish it was 5 minutes at least 3. How do you think the overall chemistry looked with Dave, Zach and Chad on the same line? We started clicking we had some good passing and cycle going on 4. Zach is back for the rest of the season. How do you think he looked last night? He looked good had his feet moving good all night his shot is still very accurate need to get some chemistry back 5. Yeti fell short of the ultimate goal this summer. What do you think went wrong in that 2 game sweep of the Renegades? I feel we shoulda put up more of a fight we took game one to ot and we had some chances we didn’t capitalize on and then I donno what happened in game 2 looked like it was the first time we played
Adam McKinley (Orange)
1. 9-6 win last night. What can you say about the overall team effort in the win? It was good to come out on top of this one. We were a little sloppy at times in our own zone but we were able to get it together for the win. 2. A 3rd period tie turned into a 3 goal win. What do you think the team did better in that 3rd period stretch? We slowed the game down and controlled the ball. 3. Team Red was winless going in but picked up Brandon. What kind of game were you expecting going into it? It can always be expected to be a tough game when Brandon is on the other team. Everyone around him tends to pick up their game. 4. You will get team Blue next week. What kind of game do you expect from them? I expect a tough game. They have been playing well and they have a solid goalie, whether it be Rob or myself in their net, lol. It is unknown at this time who will be between the pipes for team Blue. 5. Only one loss for this team so far. What are your expectations for this team going into the stretch run? I expect us to continue to better each game. I know this team can make a good run in the playoffs. I was disappointed in myself in the game against team Pink. I could have played better. I'm looking forward to playing them again. I
Shawn Logan (Pink)
1. 7-6 win over team black last night. What can you say about the overall team effort in the win? We had a bad first period. Team effort was good all along we just cleaned up our possession. 2. What do you think made the difference in the game for you guys? I'm not sure. Its like once you get that first one on the board you relax a little more and say ok we can do this. 3. How do you think Austin has looked in his return so far? He looks as good as ever... just a little shorter winded. His playstyle really reminds me of kris letang sometimes risky but he creates more chances than he gives up. He makes any team better. 4. What was your impression of team black? It was a close game and team black had as many missed opportunities as we did that game could truly have gone either way 5. What are your expectations for this team going into the rest of the season? I think we have set pretty high expectations for ourselves. Probably just to make it to the finals and have a chance to win it.
Jake Kline (Turquoise)
1. 3 to 2 win last night. What can you say about the overall team effort in the win? I think the team effort was good last night. We see to be playing better and better every week. 2. You drafted Dan Mitchell to be your goalie. Whats been your impression of him so far and how did you think he played last night? Dan have been improving every week. He keeps working on thing take advise from us he goes out and tries every week. I the he was our mvp last night he made some game saving saves in the 2nd and the 3rd period. If he wouldn't of made those save the game could of flipped real quick 3. Do you like playing in these kind of games (low scoring)? I love the low scoring games. Shows that both teams are playing there best and giving it the all to get that 1+ goal on the other team. 4. What do you think was the difference between winning and losing last night? Like I said b4. I think dan was the reason for win ing last night. Making them saves that would have turned the game around and also tosh he played a great game also. Getting the go ahead goal and keeping up pressure all around the court. I think the hole team kept great pressure up and back and that's y we came out on top. But give it to rob Kieth he had a hell of a game. We gave he all we had and he was stopping most of them 5. You will get to play against Larry’s team next week. What kind of game do you expect? I expect another good close game next week against Larry. I think any team out there at this point can beat anyone
Brian May (Blue)
1. Hard fought loss last night. What can you say about the overall team effort? Everyone plays hard, does their best. Fun to play with a group that puts forth the effort 2. Do you like playing in the tight, low scoring games better than the higher scoring games? Sure, it keeps everyone engaged throughout games. Challenges everyone to play as a team more to focus on the win 3. What was your impression of the team you played last night? High skill, good sticks they make good decisions with the ball. They need to make kline pass more and not shoot 4. What positives can you take from a game like that? We got our exercise. No one was mad, had fun. That’s what it’s about 5. If you don’t mind sharing, how are you and the family surviving the loss of the family dog? Miss the little things. Nightly routines, walks around the yard, eating chips together watching hockey. Still will all of the sudden wonder where the dog is and then realize she isn’t there. Thanks for asking
Josh Clontz (White)
1. The team got back on track last night. What can you say about the overall team effort in the win? Everyone played really well! I think every week things work a little better. We have alot of good players and it sometimes takes a few weeks to get timing right and for guys to figure out each others tendencies, but last night looked really good the passing and cycling was great. 2. A 6-0 lead got down to 6-3 after 2 periods. Were you concerned at all going into the 3rd period? I wasn't really thinking about it. I think we let our guard down a little and they took advantage of it. The nice thing about having guys like Chad and Dave in front of you is they talk about things they could have done different after a goal and make those adjustments. 3. Team green is known for giving it 110 percent. What was your impression of them after facing them last night? They certainly dont quit, and we proved you cant drop your guard or they will take advantage of it. 4. Whats been your impression of Zach so far? Zach is very talented and one of hardest working guys down here. He goes out and really gives 100%, I have watched him make great plays at both ends of the rink and I have yet to see him give up on a play. So my impression is...impressed! 5. Team Red next week. They recently added Brandon. What kind of game do you expect considering they are still looking for their first win? That should be a good game, I watched them almost take down orange this week! Red has alot of speed so it should be a fast paced game.
Chat Conversation End
Type a message...