Steve Hetrick (Chiefs)
1. 10-2 loss to the Jagrbombs last night. What can you say about the overall team effort in the loss? That score does not accurately depict about how the game panned out. Yes they scored some extra goes late in the game, but it was one of our best games this season. We had the whole team playing two-way Hockey. Our offensive players playing some amazing defense, and our defensive players playing some amazing offense. I was Extremely proud of our team last night. 2. Jim appears to be playing better. Whats been your impression of him this season and last night? Jim has done an amazing job all season. He gets better each and every game. He has made some spectacular saves and last night was no exception. The guy has a huge heart and plays just as hard as everyone else out there. I have heard that he has been doing a great job in Brockway as well. And as the Jagrbombs found out last night... Stay out of his crease. . 3. Jagrbombs are considered one of those borderline top teams. What was your impression of them after playing them last night? Jagrbombs have some good talent, and execute it well. The last time we played them, we as a team were figuring out our own strengths and weaknesses, and they got the better of us a bit easier. This time around, you could see it in their faces that they took us lightly as before and we gave them a run for their money and made them work harder to earn that win. at times I felt we were definitely out skating and out playing them. 4. Despite only having a couple wins so far, whats it been like playing on this team this season? Taking the win/loss scenario out of the question, I have enjoyed being a part of this team. Have there been struggles. Sure. Have there been triumphs. You bet. Sometimes our biggest triumphs come out of our worst struggles. We realize what needs worked on and where our weaknesses are. It makes us all play harder, smarter and faster the next time around. 5. Xtreme and Spare Parts to finish out the season. What kind of expectations do you have for each game? The Xtreme will be just that... Extreme... We will have to play some good solid hockey all night to keep the game from getting away from us. They have a lot of speed and some heavy hitters on their team. I'm willing to come out of that game looking like a Cheetah if it means keeping us in it all 3 periods. As for the Spare Parts, they completely schooled us the last time we played. That game should have never got that far away from us. I think it will be much different this time around.
Adam McKinley (Yeti)
1. Tough 6-5 loss last night. What can you say about the team effort in the loss? I thought it was a great effort by the team. 2. A 5-2 deficit quickly got to 5-4 before they scored that important 6th goal. How deflating do you think that was for your team? I don't think it was deflating at all. We knew that we still had a chance. Yeti is very capable of scoring a bunch of goals in a short period of time. 3. Any goals you think you should have prevented? Probably the tic-tac-toe goal that Kalgren scored. A beautiful pass from Bob back deep to Derek on the side wall for a perfect pass to Kalgren in front of the net for the deflection. I lost my footing a little on the pass to Kalgren. I feel that I should have had that save. 4. Colonials have struggled at times this season. What kind of game were you expecting going in? A game exactly like that one. I knew the chances of blowing them out like we did the first game would probably not happen again. 5. You missed a couple games. Did you think that played any factor in a couple of the goals you gave up at the beginning of the game? I felt a little rusty but all the goals were perfect placement. I give a lot of credit to the Colonials, they were ready for that game.
Jake Kline (Knights)
1. Nice 4-3 win over the Xtreme last night. What can you say about the overall team effort in the win? Team effort was good. Few mistakes were made but in the end still celebrating out with the win 2. Do you like playing in those low scoring games? Low scoring game are fun to play. Any bounce and game could switch either way. Unlike playing in and watching the low scoring games 3. With the Yeti loss, you guys are the number 1 seed. Any idea what team you would pick to play in the first round of the playoffs if the season ended today? it don't matter who we play in first round. Either way we are going to play as it was the finals 4. Yeti and Renegades are still on the schedule. What kind of games do you expect from them? I expect to have low scoring games against both teams. Should be 2 great games so make sure your there to watch 5. You think this Knights team is better than last years team? IDK if I'd say the knights are a better team or not. I mean we lost 1 good player from last year but gained 2 good players this year. The knight have plenty of skilled young guys and some of us older guys are getting into the mix with the youngsters. Either way I like how are team is don't think we need to change it for next year. Hope this is our year. And all you other teams better pack their lunches cause we r bring it all and then some
Tim Herman (Colonials)
1. 6 to 5 win over the Yeti last night. What can you say about the overall team effort in the win? last night was our best effort by far. We clicked all the way around. Not a lot of turnovers/odd man breaks against me. It might have taken us a little bit of time to figure out how to play our strengths(some of that was my injury effecting the roster makeup).... but it felt really good last night. 2. A 5-2 lead at the end of the 2nd period quickly turned into a 5-4 lead. Were you getting a little worried at that point? I am always worried when it’s a one goal game. Especially when you have Brandon’s shot coming against you. Now the last 25 seconds having to kill a penalty with the goalie pulled was a little harrowing. 3. What does a win like this do for your own confidence and team confidence? It definitely helps me.... I hung in with Adam and gave our team a chance. Helped get the bad taste of the Renegades game out of my mouth. As for the team, it absolutely helped our confidence. We could play our game well, take it to them, and put a few behind Adam. Everybody hast to feel good about that. 4. They were missing Cody. Did you think the team had a decent chance to win once you didn’t see him on the other side? I feel like we gave a chance against every team. Cody not being there obviously changes the way they can play. He’s such a good defensemen and gives them another amazing shooter to worry about. 5. Any goals they scored last night that you wish you could take back? I always want them all back I think three of them. The one that got stuck in Jerred’s car off and then toss down to his other side of his body before going in... I want happy about that. Can’t remember who shot to the short side... I think it was going wide and tipped off my stick into the net. And then one hit my arm pad and still went into the net as well. I don’t remember the others, But I’m sure those should not have gone in either
Larry Kruckow (Jagrbombs)
1. Nice 10-2 win over the Chiefs last night. What can you say about the overall team effort in the win? Team effort was good the whole game. Everyone was really focusing on safe and smart plays. That focus is going to help us going into the playoffs 2. What was it like having James Nelson back even if it was just for one night? I've been trying all season to have James fill in for us this is the first week it has actually worked out. He played without a cup last night so I definitely appreciate him putting his "biscuits" on the line as he said. 3. RJ continues to put up some goals for you guys. You happy with how he has fit in with this group of guys? RJ has been the biggest surprise for me this season. I knew he was a solid defensive player coming in, but his offensive ability has really helped us put up points. 4. A 4-0 lead at the end of 2 periods stretched into a 10-2 win. What do you think you guys did better in that 3rd period? I feel like we took more shots in the 3rd. Instead of trying to make a pretty play every time. 5. You have a couple games left against the Mayhem coming up. What kind of games do you expect from them? These last 2 games are going to be tough battles. Our first game against them was a good game. I expect these next two will be just as close and more intense.
Clint Lingenfelter (Xtreme)
1. Tough 4-3 loss to the Knights last night. What can you say about the team effort in the loss? Team effort was great! Game could've went either way. 2. You only gave up 4 goals, but are there any you wish you could have back? Definately Kurts on the powerplay. He brought it out behind the net to the top of the circle and changed the angle with me and I didn't move with him. Gave him the whole top right side. 3. You like playing in those lower scoring, grind out games? 100%! That's real hockey in my eyes. Everybody was on their game. Fun one to be apart of. 4. What positives can you take from the loss? If the lucky bounces come on our side next side, I think it'll be a different outcome. 5. Chiefs and Colonials are coming up. What kind of expectations do you have for those games? Chiefs will play hard, give us all they got! And the Colonials. Hey what can u say, any team with Bobby on it always has a chance. Never count them out.