8 Postgame Interviews (06/17)
Jerred Amick (Knights)
1. 12 to 3 win tonight. What can you say about the overall team effort? Every player on our team understands their role and played them perfectly. We knew the colonials would be a tough fought game that wouldn’t come easy and would require a whole team effort to shut them down. 2. The team pulled away in the 3rd period. What do you think helped the team gain so much seperation? Speed, endurance, stamina, age.... those are facts. When a team is firing on all cylinders and feeding off each others energy it can seem like a freight train to opposing teams. We knew if we kept our legs moving and maintain the high speed that not many teams can skate with us through the whole game. Even being an older player, I find pushing myself to skate faster and execute everything faster when playing on this team, which ultimately is making me a better, faster, player... I just can’t take 5 minute shifts haha. 3. What can you say about Todd's effort in net? Todd stood tall for us and did his job perfectly. I thought his rebound control was on point, as he soaked many shots up into his chest keeping the chaos to a minimum. Todd snapped the leather a few times. Always a team boost when your goalie bails you out. Todd seems to be playing better and better with every game, slowly shedding the winter rust. 4. Colonials are missing you right now. You think you are fitting in on the knights? I was able to find my place right away on the Knights as a two way defenseman. Scoring goals was never my specialty but bringing the ball up the court and setting up players like Kurt and Andy are more my style. I’d have to admit that I felt some pressure when playing for the colonials where as on the Knights, I can just do my thing and it’s been working out pretty well so far. 5. Off next week, then the chiefs and xtreme. How are you feeling about where this team stands right now? The last few games of ours include the top teams; xtreme, yeti, and renegades. It’s going to make us play our best hockey heading into the playoffs, although we do have two byes still to serve, which I actually hate about this season, too many bye weeks and as I get older, it’s harder to recover from a week off as it used to be.
Zach Foradori (Spare Parts)
1. Tough 9-1 loss last night. What do you think went wrong? Didn’t get quality shots or follow the game plan. Nothing really went our way. 2. Any positives to take out of the loss? Had a lot of zone time and used our teammates better than normal. 3. What was your impression of the Mayhem after playing them for a 2nd time last night? They’re solid defensively. Nothing we can’t handle though. Henry is the big problem. He’s one heck of a goalie and hard to beat without getting multiple shots in a row. 4. You will get a week off before facing the Colonials. What kind of game do you expect from them? They won’t hold back on ya. They need wins just as bad as we do. 5. You had a big week last week and spoiled Henrys shutout last night. You feeling pretty good about how you have been playing ? I’m pleased with how I’m playing. I could be playing better but I’m finally starting to score like I used to.
Denny Stinchcomb (Renegades)
1. 9 to 5 loss tonight. What went wrong? I think what really did us in was them going up 3-0 quickly, but we got a late goal from Derrian in the first and I felt it was evenly matched after that. 2. What positives can you take out of a game like this? We played the game that we wanted to play, aside from the start of the game not working in our favor. 3. You had a couple goals. You feeling any better about your own individual game? Absolutely. 4. Colonials up next. What kind of game do you expect? It's gonna be a good game, we haven't faced the Colonials yet so we are looking forward to that. 5. Did you think there was a goal that swung tonights game in their favor? If I were to pick one, I'd say Cody's blast from half court, plus Cody and Reiter knew how to find that empty net
Dan Mitchell (Storm)
1. Tough loss tonight. What can you say about the overall team effort? the losses are getting closer in effort. The majority of the guys are pulling together. 2. What positives can you take out of tonights game? passing is improving. Individual effort is decreasing. And I got a first hand look at the speed at which the game is played. 3. What's it been like out there so far this season? it’s been touch and go. There are a lot of things for the guys out front to adjust to, which is hard for unfamiliar team, but we are improving each game. 4. Will you be back for more hockey following the season? WILL DEFINITELY BE BACK NEXT SEASON!!! Keep games Monday’s and I will have no issues. 5. Hows your body feeling with all the shots flying your way? no pain, no gain. Really, I feel great! It’s good to be able to share the floor with these guys.
Matt Cole (Jagrbombs)
1. Nice win tonight. What can you say about the team effort? well as a team I think we played great and The effort was good. 2. You think overall team chemistry is improving? I would say our team chemistry is coming together very nicely the guys seem to communicate well, there’s still room for improvement but overall I’m pleased with it. 3. The storm have gone thru some storms this season. What kind of game were you expecting tonight? I think we were expecting to get the win but also making sure not to over look them and get surprised. 4. Mayhem next week. What kind of game are you expecting? mayhem should be a competitive game they’re a good team and slightly ahead of us in the standings I believe, so a win would be very good for us. 5. What's it like wearing those jerseys? well Brian the jerseys are dope, to put it simply. We may not be the best team but we’re the best looking without a doubt!
Bob Anderson (Colonials)
1. 12 to 3 loss tonight. What went wrong? Oh man good questions. We were only down a goal late in the second period but gave up two late ones that seemed to deflate us. We totally quit playing defense in the third and completely left Herman out to dry. And when you do that against a team like the Knights, they’ll make you look silly in a hurry. 2. Any positives to take out of a game like this? In a way, it’s a wake up call. It’s similar to the Penguins getting swept by the Islanders in the playoffs. Obviously changes need to be made after a scenario like that. The same is true for us. We have to change tactics. What we are doing isn’t working. Time to go back to Colonials hockey 3. The team was outshot 55 to 29 two weeks ago. Did you think the team had any better offensive zone time this time around? For about two periods we didn’t do too bad at creating some chances. But then we tried to force it in the third at the expense of our defense. Sometimes you have to let the defense lead to offense. 4. Still 5 games to go. You think the team can get things turned around in time for the playoffs? (Assuming the team gets in.) There’s still time and changing tactics may be just what the doctor ordered. But we need everyone to commit to that style or else we will be on the wrong side of a lot more games. 5. This team seems to be similar to the renegades right now. What kind of game do you expect from them next week? I think both teams have plenty of talent but are looking to find themselves. Hockey is such a team game. Everyone has to row the same direction. We haven’t done that to this point. I’m hoping next week is a new beginning.
Adam McKinley (Yeti)
1. Big win tonight over the renegades. What can you say about the overall team effort? Definitely a big win. Having a bye week last week, I wasn't sure how much rust the team would have. The effort was great, the guys didn't miss a beat. 2. What do you think made the difference in the win tonight? Persistence. The guys never gave up on the play. There was always a stick on the ball and the guys were constantly getting to ball guy first. We didn't give them much opportunity to set anything up. 3. Still undefeated. Did you expect this team to peak as early as it has? I was hoping the guys would mesh well. This team is made up of guys who have been around a long time. It's looking like a great combination! 4. Xtreme up next week. You haven't faced them yet. What kind of game are you expecting? Hard to say at this point. There is a question whether I will be at the game or not. It will be a game day decision. If I'm not there, the game plan changes a little. 5. Were you happy with how you played in net tonight? Yeah I pleased with my play. I made a couple crazy saves that were fun. I have to give a lot of credit to my team though. They played great D in front of me. Bailed me out a couple times. Would like a couple goals back but only letting 5 in against a team of that caliber isn't too bad.
Matt McGinnis (Mayhem)
1. Nice 9-1 win over the Spare Parts last night. What can you say about the team effort in the win? It was one of our best, most complete efforts! Everyone played well and played together, and we put together a full game. 2. Only 1 goal against you guys last night. Were you happy with how the defense looked overall? Yes, we have some solid guys on defense, everyone makes an effort at both ends, and with Henry behind us, we have incredible confidence defensively. 3. 6 different players scored at least a goal last night. How do you like where your team stands at this point in the season? Last night was a very balanced game for us. All season we’ve gotten contributions from everyone in the lineup, and if we continue to get that we’ll be in good shape. 4. Jagrbombs next week. What kind of game are you expecting from them and how important do you think it will be to beat a team of that caliber? It should be a good game! It’s a team we haven’t seen yet, so it’ll be a good challenge. They’ve had a season similar to ours to this point, so it’ll give us an idea of where we are at. 5. Spare Parts had been playing pretty good hockey. What kind of game were you expecting against them last night? We were expecting a close one, similar to our first meeting, and I think the game was closer than the score would indicate.