Fall League underway
1. You got a taste of Reynoldsville hockey last night. What was it like?
Challenging for the most part but also great fun, I have watched the summer league in the past and I was well aware of all the great guys playing down here.
2. What positives and negatives can you take out of the team effort last night?
The positive is definitely that everyone seemed to have a blast out there. I believe our challenge is that we have a mix of new guys and experienced guys and we need some time to come together as a team. But as long as we have fun we will find our way.
3. Tell us a little bit about your hockey background, your interests, etc?
I am a beginner in playing roller hockey even though I have some experience playing youth ice hockey many many years ago. The idea of playing again was farfetched, but I am happy I gave it a try. Hockey is closest to my heart but I also follow other team sports like football and soccer.
4. How did you learn about the xhl and do you hope to play in some more leagues going forward?
I heard about XHL from friends so I decided to go down to watch a few games and was impressed with the pace and skill in the game. I will try to play recreational hockey and am happy for the possibility to play the fall and the winter league at the moment. The other leagues around feels a bit too competitive to me.
5. What was your overall impression of the competition level?
Overall I think there are many evenly matched teams in the league but also some highly skilled players, so I expect the season to hold many tight games and some great individual moves.
1. Nice 11-7 win last night. What can you say about the overall team effort in the win? It was a good way to start the season. The team looked and played well. I looked forward to seeing how well everyone meshes after a few more games. 2. How do you feel about the team you have put together for this fall league? I have high expectations for the team I think we have enough top end talent and depth to really succeed in the fall league. 3. You are going to be skating out more than playing goalie this fall. Are you glad to get a break from being in the net and how do you think you can fit in with these guys? It’s is nice to get a break from net. I definitely need to get my legs under me. I feel like I’m the least talented skater on the team but I’m not afraid to sacrifice the body to make plays in the defensive zone. 4. The biggest question mark for this team will probably be the goalie Jim Dennison. How do you think he looked last night? Jim looked pretty good. We could of done more to help him in the back end. But Denny wanted it and worked for and made some big plays for his team. 5. Summer league turned out to be a disappointment for the Lazers. Have you thought ahead to your plans for a team next summer or are you just worried about the fall league now? I have some ideas for summer league not sure how they will pan out but I’m gonna focus on fall league for now.
1. Tough 5-4 loss last night. What can you say about the team effort in the loss? I think our team gave a decent amount of effort definitely stuff we need to improve on but it wasn’t a big loss so we didn’t do so bad 2. Did you think there was a play or sequence that turned the game in their favor? I don’t think it had much to do with anyone’s skill just none of us have played together. 3. What are your expectations for this team? I definitely see us getting a lot better than the in Monday’s game. 4. What positives can you take out of the loss? The positive look on this game is that it was only a 1 point difference and being how none of us have really ever played together it wasn’t to bad. 5. This summer was a bit tough with the Vikings and the different lineup combinations. How would you describe the teams season despite only winning the one game? I really wish we would have talked more, passed more, and looked up before getting rid of the ball. I feel if my team was willing to execute that we probably wouldn’t have been in the same boat