Monday, November 6th Results
Updated: Nov 8
Larry, Llewellyn, Lyons, Matchock, Pompeii S, Stamler, Stitt, Snyder (G)
Amick, Clontz, Galentine, Rossi, Roush, Waddell, Dodd (G)
Cody (Reiter will play as much as he can when Cody can’t play), Conforto, Gaydosh, Kline J, Miller, A. Schuckers, Matchock (G)
Chesley M, Dodd E, Kalgren, Kline N, Reed, Smith Z, Mckinley (G)
Anderson, Anderson, Haag, Peach, Stinchcomb, Terwilliger, Lingenfelter (G)
Bembenic, Calvert, Dodd L, Hetrick, Sawey, Waltman, Sutter (G)
Monday, October 2nd Results
Red 10 Green 9 Overtime (Missing --- Bembenic, Sawey, Sutter)
Black 10 Gray 7 (Missing --- Clontz, Galentine, Rossi, Llewellyn, Matchock)
Orange 6 White 2 (Missing --- Kalgren, Cory Schuckers)
Monday, October 9th Results
White 8 Black 7 (Missing Cory Schuckers, Tony Dodd, Josh Clontz)
Green 9 Orange 7 (Missing Steve Kalgren)
Red 13 Gray 2 (Missing Llewellyn, Chris Snyder)
Monday, October 16th Results
Red 4 Orange 3 (Missing Bembenic, Sawey)
White 7 Gray 6 OT (Denny played for Cory, Pompeii, Lyons)
Green 9 Black 4 (Reiter played for Cody)
Monday, October 23rd Results
Red 6 Black 5 (OT)
Green 7 White 4 (Amick played for Cory)
Orange 10 Gray 8 (Larry, Pompeii and Stamler were missing for Gray. Amick and Miller filled in)
Monday, October 30th Results
Green 12 Gray 7 (Missing Llewellyn, Lyons, Stamler, Pompeii. Amick and Noah filled in for Gray)
Orange 11 Black 5 (Missing Rossi)
White 6 Red 5 (Missing Cory, Peach, Sawey. Jake filled in for Cory)
Monday, November 6th Results
Gray 5 Black 4 (Missing Pompeii, Snyder, Lyons, Amick, Galentine, Dodd)
Green 7 Red 6 (OT) (Missing Bembenic, Sawey, Sutter, Waltman)
Orange 5 White 3 (Missing Peach)
Standings After November 6th Games
1. Green 11 (53/38)
2. Red 9 (44/32)
3. Orange 8 (42/31)
4. White 6 (30/37)
5. Black 3 (35/46)
6. Gray 3 (35/56)
Gray 5 Black 4 (Did not see any of this game)
Team Gray picked up its first win of the season with a hard fought 5-4 win over team Black last night. As was the case with the first game they played this season, both teams were missing a lot of players. John Matchock brought his goalie equipment with him to replace Chris Snyder last night and played a big part in the teams 5-4 win last night. One of the few gray players that was present last night(Jason Stamler) said that John Matchock played a big role in the team picking up the one goal victory. Derrian Matchock filled in for Tony Dodd on the other side and gave his team a good chance to win by only giving up 5 goals. Noah Kline filled in for Jerred Amick for team Black. Laken Dodd filled in for Morgan Lyons on the gray team. Nate Galentine was not there for Black and Steve Pompeii and Morgan Lyons was not there for Gray. Team Gray was ahead most of the way but Team Black fought back in the 3rd period to make it a one goal game.
Green 7 Red 6 Overtime
For the 2nd time this season, these two teams went to overtime even though the game felt opposite in a lot of ways to what the first game was. Team Red led most of the way the first time they met with Team Green coming back in the end to force overtime. This time around, Team Green led most of the way only to see Team Red make a late charge to force overtime. This time around, Green picked up the overtime win (I believe it was Anthony Schuckers that scored the winner)?
Team Red was missing Henry Sutter (Adam filled in), Tyler Waltman (Noah filled in) and Trent Bembenic (John Matchock and Erika Dodd filled in). John Matchock got his moneys worth last night by goalying the first game and skating out in the 2nd game. Team Green had their full team there. The game was tied at 2 after the first period. Following a Cody Schuckers goal to put Green ahead 2-1, Andy Calvert went coast to coast late in the first period to tie the game at 2. Team Green gained a little separation in the 2nd period. Jake Kline scored to put Green ahead 3-2 then Tony Conforto made a nice pass to his car pooling mate Troy Gaydosh to make it 4-2 going into the 3rd period. Noah Kline and Andy Calvert took part in the 3rd period comeback for Red as they turned a 6-3 deficit into a 6-6 tie late in the 3rd period. Jake Kline had scored another goal for Green to put them up by 3 goals at one point but Red answered with 3 of their own to force overtime. Green finds themselves in first place in the regular season standings with 2 weeks to go.
Orange 5 White 3
Team Orange scored 3 unanswered goals in a short time during the 2nd period to turn a 2-2 tie into a 5-2 lead. Bob Anderson scored a short handed goal for Team White to get them to within 2 goals late in the 2nd period but neither team would score in the 3rd period. Both goalies (Adam/Clint) did everything they could to keep their respective teams in the game by making a lot of quality saves. Noah Kline and Zach Smith led the way offensively for team Orange. Bob Anderson set Brian Anderson up for a goal midway thru the first period but Orange answered soon after when Noah Kline scored in front of the net. With Orange ahead 2-1, Bob Anderson scored in front of the net on a pass from Brian Anderson that somehow snuck by a couple orange defenders. Orange quickly answered with 3 goals midway thru the 2nd period. They had a couple power play chances to try to add to the lead but team White seemed to play its best on the power play kill. Unfortunately for Team White, Adam McKinley spoiled a lot of good opportunities throughout the game. Team Orange finds itself in 3rd place in the standings while Team White is now in 4th place. Peach was missing for team White last night. Believe it or not, Steve Kalgren was present for the entire game. The time change has him an hour ahead of schedule.
Clint Lingenfelter (White)
1. 5-3 loss to team Orange last night. How would you describe the overall team effort? Team effort is always great! We've just had a couple games where we didn't get the bounces!
2. They scored 3 consecutive goals in the 2nd period to gain some separation. What do you think went wrong for the team in that stretch? ) A couple lucky bounces just went their way! Kudos to them though cuz their speed and aggressiveness helped get those bounces!
3. You and Adam were both on last night. How fun is it playing in a game where both goalies are playing well? Those are the best games to be in! You never know which way it's gonna go! Love playing across from Doc! I know it's always gonna b a good game!
4. The team does not appear to match up well against them. What was your impression of them after playing against them for a 2nd time? Their speed. They have 3 players that are all fast and can lug the ball. They were getting alot of turnovers in their own zone which led to some odd man rushes because we couldn't catch up to them! Hope to see them again though!
5. You only gave up 5 goals but are there any you think you should have made? I think I should've had both against Noah! Not taking anything away from him cuz it's very noticeable how good he's getting but the first he whiffed on it and it snuck under my pad and the 2nd just got back to his stick after I was already down and he roofed it! Can't b letting them young bucks score now!
Josh Clontz (Black)
1. 5-4 loss to team gray last night. What can you say about the overall team effort? The effort was great on both ends.
2. The net was filled with a couple of Matchock’s. How do you think they did? They both played really well. They are both very consistent in net. Anytime you have a Matchock behind you, your team has a chance to win.
3. Both teams were missing guys. How would you describe the game overall? It was a 1 goal game with lots of momentum swings. We had Noah filling in, which was helpful. He is getting to be one of those guys who can step in with any team and be productive.
4. What positives can you take out of the game? We fought back well in the 3rd. It seems like we are getting a little better every game. So, hopefully, we can get it dialed in before the season is over.
5. You have been playing hockey for a little while now and taking part in organizing the SRHL. Do you think interest for hockey can keep going around here for a while? I hope so! The same old crew can keep things going on a local level. But if we want to see leagues grow, we need to attract other players. Bringing players from other leagues helps grow a league now, but young players will sustain it long term.
Jason Stamler (Gray)
1. 5 to 4 win lsast night. What can you say about the overall team effort? We played one hell of a game!!
2. You haven’t played for a couple weeks, how do you think you did in trying to help your team last night? I thought I played good. I made some mistakes but that’s the game.
3. John Matchock played in net. How do you think he did? John Matchock played an amazing game. He made some unbelievable saves at key moments.
4. The game was close the whole way. What do you think made the difference in winning that game? Playing defense was a big factor
5. You got lots of playing time. How are you feeling today? I’m hurting a little bit other than that I feel good.
Noah Kline (Orange)
1. 5-3 win over team white last night. What can you say about your overall team effort last night? I mean there’s really not much to say, we always go out there and try our best to win the game.
2. You played in three close games last night. How enjoyable is it to play in games that are close like that? I think that the funnest games to play are the close ones because you never know what’s gonna happen and one play can change everything
3. How did you feel after playing 3 consecutive games? I feel pretty fine to be honest, I was limiting myself the first 2 games because I knew I would’ve been tired coming into my game if I didn’t.
4. You were a big part of the win against team white last night. Are you feeling good about the way you are playing right now? Yes, I think that I have improved massively from last year and I want to keep on finding ways to make my game better.
5. You were a part of 2 Knights championship teams this year. How do you compare each one? I think both of the championships were very fun to play in but I enjoyed winning the one in Brockway a lot more because it was a little closer of a game. Jake Kline (Green)
1. 7-6 overtime win over red last night. What can you say about the overall team effort in the win? Team effort was good. We seem to be getting better each week. Derrian made some great saves to keep us ahead throughout the game
2. They overcame a 3 goal deficit late in the game. What do you think went wrong for you guys? I would say lack of back checking and to many odd man rushes on our end is what caused them to come back and tie it
3. How do you compare Cody to Brandon? They both have great hands awsome powerful shots I really enjoy playing on teams with either of them
4. What was your gut feeling going into overtime? Going into ot felt pretty confident we had it to be honest. Few of our guys talked b4 ot started and talked about last time they beat us in ot this time it was our turn to return the favor
5. Does it feel good to win against a team with Noah and Andy on it? favor Feels really good to win against them. Andy is a great player and Noah is really good player also. It's always a joy to beat either of them. Especially Noah hahah. Thinks his dad is getting old and slow. So always feels good to beat him On the other hand I love having both of them on my side when the leagues count. Gotta say what more can a dad ask for but to win 2 championships in a row. Can't get any better than that. Good time to think about hanging it up
Correction to Green vs Red Write Up: Jake Kline had the overtime winning goal, not Anthony Schuckers. Couple Announcements:
We are going to plan for another Christmas/New Years Tournament on Thursday, December 28th (at the rink) starting around 5 or 5:30 depending on how many people we can get.
XHL season will be starting on Monday, January 8th.
Some XHL Rumors going around: Zach Smith will be joining up with Adam McKinley and the Slap Happy. Is Joe Bussard retiring? Sounds like the Knights will be returning to defend their XHL and SRHL championship from 2023. Jake Kline is talking about retirement following the season? Tim Herman is done playing net in Reynoldsville. John Matchock will more than likely be asked to be the new Colonials goalie. Who will they get to replace John Matchock from skating out? Kevin Smith will be returning to the Colonials for another season. Derrian Matchock has been asked to skate out for one team and goalie for another team. He said he will do the best he can to goalie when he can but he wants to make skating out the bigger priority since he accepted the spot before he was asked to goalie. Peach said he will build a roster as long as Derrian or another goalie is willing to play on his team.