1. 5-4 shootout win last night. What can you say about the overall team effort in the win? The team fought the entire game. Even when I gave up a couple easy goals, my team was able to pick me up and get one back.
2. The game was back and forth the whole way. Did you think there was a particular play that made a big difference for your team last night? Tieing the game up late was probably the difference. I thought if we could get to OT and then perhaps the shootout, we'd have a decent chance.
3. What goes thru your mind in those shootouts? I usually start humming a song to relax and try to figure out which way I want to make the shooter go.
4. You appear to be playing some good hockey right now. How confident are you with your individual play going into the playoffs? Yeah, I'm feeling pretty good about our chances. The team has been playing very well in front of me, offensively and defensively. We had a couple hiccups in the early in the season, but we've pulled it together. I think Erica and Noah get better and better every game. Zach does Zach and we're solid the rest of the way through. It's been fun!
5. XHL season just around the corner. Anything you would like to share about who will be on your roster this season (rumor has Joe retiring)? Yeah, I guess Joe is done. The rest to be determined.